Sunday, May 20, 2012

Preparing for "The New Girl"

While it wasn't the ideal transport option having to ship the new girl has provided me additional time to get everything all set up for her arrival. I have, rather frantically, been spending way too much money and obsessing over each detail hoping to make her as happy and comfortable as possible in my care. In list form, here is what I purchased especially for her -
  • 40 gallon tank with screen
  • Lights (reptisun 10.0 & halogen bulb)
  • Under-the-Cabinet Light Fixture
  • Large Hiding Log
  • Non adhesive shelf liner
  • Calci-blast Supplement
  • Large Corner Water Bowel (flipped upside down to use as a basking spot)
  • 3 pairs of fleece shorts
  • 100 superworms
Of course, I still need to pay the shipping to get her here but honestly couldn't be more excited and am OK with spending my money in this fashion (less happy about the car repairs and medical bills I've had lately). Once I have her, I will be investing in a leash, additional live feeders (silk worms and maybe horn worms), and need to get her travel cage before I go on any of my weekend summer getaways. Is it possible for her to be spoiled by me before I actually have her? If so, she's spoiled.

P.S. The gecko's name is Memphis. Trying to keep this blog mostly beardie orientated but don't be surprised by the occasional post on this family member. 

No comments:

Post a Comment