Monday, May 21, 2012

Cleaning and Preparing with some Additional Preparing Thrown In

After spending 45 minutes cleaning the rats' cage (yes, I have rats also), I took a short break to peruse the internet and eat a healthy dinner consisting of chips, salsa, and some sour cream. Once I had the proper sustenance in me I convinced myself the cleaning must continue so I headed back upstairs to test the temps in the new girl's tank which luckily didn't take too long to get to the proper measurements. The next project entailed organizing most of my pet products into my newly acquired (again) dresser to help free up space and make my room slightly less of a disaster. This was partially a success (my room is still a mess...).

Since Fuego is deeply in shed I took him downstairs for a bath and wrapped him in his "sleep towel" so I could clean his tank without worrying about him taking leaps off my bed. Cleaning his tank includes taking everything out, which included five live roaches this time, blasting it down with my steam cleaner, replacing the paper towel substrate, putting paper back up on three sides of his tank, putting all his decorations back in, and finally adding Fuego to the mix. This entire process usually takes about 20-30 minutes if I'm not occupied by Fuego's juvenile antics.

Wrapped up my dragon related duties by ensuring that the new girl's lights worked properly with the timed outlet (they do) and checked out her 100 superworms who are currently living in a tupperware container with oatmeal as a bedding to make sure they are still kicking. Once both items were confirmed, I finally got to turn my laptop on to check the forums for the reptile rescue I am involved with, looked at FaunaClassifieds to see if the new girl's current owner had sent my shipping quote over, and briefly hopped on Craig's List to see what reptiles people are advertising.

Obsessed?

...maybe just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment