Friday, May 11, 2012

Making the Blog Title Accurate

At the moment this blog's title is Living with Dragons which to be honest is a lie as I only live with one, my boy Fuego. I have learned, through way too much time spent on forums and in Facebook Groups, that dragons are like pringles and "you can't have just one". Well, I guess I am adding to that truth as I'm planning to bring another dragon, a female this time, into my world.

This girl was rescued by someone on a forum I frequent but she can't afford to keep her as she already has a few other dragons and feeding can get expensive. She has MBD (a disease caused by a calcium deficiency) which has resulted in some physical flaws (a kinked tail, for example) and limited mobility but she's supposed to be an absolute doll and at the end of the day that's what matters most to me. Her cage will need to be customized in some ways due to her condition but I think some low incline ramps, a bit of fleece, and tile with enough grip should do the trick. I envision a trip or two to Home Depot and Wal-Mart in my near future.

The only true issue at the moment is getting her to me. The woman prefers not to ship but she is four hours away from me and I don't think my car can handle an eight hour ride in one day. Attempting to get a rescue train established but that's proving difficult as well. Will try to remain positive but have a feeling that shipping will be my only option. This girl, in surviving her ordeal, has already proved how tough she is and I trust that she can also handle an overnight trip. Details will be forthcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment