Thursday, May 10, 2012

Baking a Branch

Today's adventure in owning a dragon included baking a branch. Yes, you read that correctly, baking a branch.

Currently, Fuego's main hangout spot/basking area is a large branch I bought at the same reptile expo where I purchased him. While he's usually good about pooping in the middle of his salad bowl this morning my cat Nanu decided to leap on top of his tank giving him quite a scare and causing him to release a little earlier than usual and directly on his necessary basking spot. This all occurred as I was prepping to go to work so I scraped out what I could knowing Fuego could handle a slight discoloration for a few hours.

This evening, after putting Fuego to bed, I snuck his branch out and gave it a good solid rinsing with hot water and did a little scrubbing. Once I was satisfied with the level of clean I dug out an old baking pan, preheated the oven, and shoved it in with a timer set to thirty minutes. Still have another ten minutes or so of baking but these are the moments where I pause in life and realize I really am strange...

No comments:

Post a Comment