Monday, May 28, 2012

Great News & Not-So-Great News

Let's start with the great news.

Today, after almost a year in my current apartment, I learned that there's a legitimate dollar store ten minutes away from me. Once I made this joyous discovery, I drove there and for under $5 got a bunch of fake plants to help better accessorize Memphis' tank and got extras to use in his/her juvenile tank when the time is right as well as a few porcelain bowls I can use to feed live feeders to both Fuego and Katara. Plus, I "splurged" and got myself a pair of car sunglasses, sponges, and got some new toys for the felines of the house. Now everyone is happy.

The not so fantastic news is that my first rescue fell through and while I'm glad the animal found a new home I'm also disappointed that I wasn't able to help. A guy has been advertising a leopard gecko on Craig's List for a few days so I decided to reach out and offer my assistance if he couldn't find a home (he was having a hard time feeding all his animals) and he agreed so we tentatively set up that I'd pick up the gecko either Thursday or Sunday. A few hours later he tells me it has been re-homed. Again, I am glad that someone stepped up but I was actually looking forward to temporarily owning a leopard gecko and has done some research to make sure I was prepared. Of course, there will always be more that need help so perspective is necessary.

P.S. Katara continues to be the sweetest dragon I have ever encountered. Ordered a harness for her so be prepared for outdoor adventure pictures/stories soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment