Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Delay

I was hoping to be posting all about the new girl today and spamming you with pictures but sadly her arrival date got delayed until Friday much to my dismay. Despite the woman and I going back and forth for weeks regarding shipping the dragon to me she lets me know Monday night that she doesn't have the proper sized box in yet and the weather isn't great (a fib, I imagine, as I know the town she lives in and the temps are perfect for sending a dragon) so she couldn't ship Tuesday night. Livid doesn't quite begin to explain how I felt but I calmed myself before replying and a few messages later we are supposedly set for her to be at my door on Friday. Fingers crossed.

Not that I'm lacking animals to fill my time up by any means. Somehow Fuego managed to eat 500 roaches in 4ish days so I had to run out to buy crickets after he black bearded at me when I took him out for his bath. Got to love the juvenile/teenage stage in male bearded dragons. Thinking I might move him into his "adult" tank in the next week or two and hopefully that allows him more space to burn off his pissy attitude. At least he's still stupidly adorable.

Memphis, the Gecko, is still terrified but hope to make a run to the Dollar Store this weekend so I can customize his/her tank a little better and hopefully add to its sense of security. I really want to start handling him/her but am waiting at least a week which is a slow torture. Once I start handling, will be sure to post pictures as they are absolutely fascinating looking creatures and his/her colors pop when he/she is fired up. Side not, can't wait to know the gender so I can stop with the he/she bit. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment