Sunday, June 24, 2012

One Less Dragon

Jabba went to his new home yesterday. Actually, I delivered him there as he was adopted by my good friend Kim who I've known since college. She saw a picture I posted on Twitter and fell in love so Jabba is now living close to the city with a hedgehog and a ball python as siblings. I also get the added benefit of being able to visit him which makes me, and my boyfriend, very, very happy indeed.

While I am now down a dragon, the work has not diminished much other than having to make one less salad in the morning (today he missed mustard greens, turnip greens, strawberries, and cilantro), minus one struggling beardie during bath time, and a half an hour where I don't need to lock my cats in the basement so a dragon can safely explore the kitchen and living room. Still, miss the chubby guy but I know he's with some great people being adored upon and I now can plan for rescues in the future.

In other reptile new, despite only accumulating about four hours of sleep last night, I managed to go shopping this morning for dragon salad ingredients, made said salads, bathed Fuego and Katara (separately), and took my rescue leopard gecko out for a bit of exploring while I cleaned his tank and gifted him with a new hide thanks to the accessories I got from Katie. Before I go to sleep, which may happen at any moment as my eyelids continue to grow heavier with every key stroke, I still need to feed Memphis and mist down his cage. Tomorrow, he'll have his cage cleaned thoroughly and I'll continue working on his socialization. Maybe, just maybe, I can get him to stay still for more than thirty seconds so I can take some photographs not utilizing my cellphone.

This week, intend to write entries on Katara's continued battle with parasites, the process of trying to find a new home for Vader, and my plans for making Memphis' adult tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment