Sunday, June 10, 2012

Farewell Lazy Sundays

Sundays used to be my one day to unwind. My day to not worry about work, maybe go grocery shopping if the mood hit, and when I would spend the majority of the day in my pajamas laying about the house and indulging in hours of TV shows courtesy of Netflix streaming. Now that I have "the zoo" the lazy part of Sundays have all but disappeared.

Today, among other activities, included getting up at 7:30 AM so I could feed the dragons before needing to leave at 9:00 AM. Once back home from the other responsibilities, I fought with Katara to give her the medication she needs for one of the parasites she's fighting, took Jabba out for some exercise (also known as scuttling across my kitchen floor as fast as his little legs can go), gave Katara a bath, fed everyone again, cleaned out the roach bin (I will spare you the details...), cleaned Memphis' cage, fought with Katara again with a different medication, and took Fuego out so he could explore some before lights out at 7:15 PM.

Can't forget the cats underfoot all day begging for attention and/or food.

While the thoughts of doing nothing sound appealing as I'm in the middle of scooping roaches from one container to another; I can't imagine my life any other way for the moment.

Now, off to warm up some meal worms so the leopard rescue gecko has something to eat for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment