Monday, July 9, 2012

Where to Begin...

It's been a few weeks since my last post so my apologies there. I got caught up in the whirlwind of work, starting a MBA program, and a short vacation. Now that I'm home, and adjusting to the additional pressures of being in classes, plan to write on a regular basis.

Well, since my previous entry enough has happened with the dragons. Katara has been having unpleasant bowel movements the last week or so which leads me to believe the medication did not eradicate the parasites. Planning on getting another fecal done on her but since the odor has been horrendous, I know that at least the coccidia remains so am trying a new medication to see if it helps. On top of her digestive issues, the poor girl went through an entire body shed so imagine she's been less than comfortable the last few days. I peeled most of it off in her bath this evening and she's showing a much brighter yellow, some green, and a more defined pattern on her back. Once she stops hissing and puffing out at me (she was less than cooperative when I gave her the medicine) I'll try to get a clear picture and compare it to one when she first arrived. 

Fuego is also in full shed mode so his mood is dampened as well. He's been getting daily soaks to help, which he despises, so I'm really not on the top of his good list at the moment. I intend to buy a digital scale with my next paycheck so I can track the dragons (and Memphis') weights but I know just by appearance that Fuego has been packing on the pounds in a good way. Just hoping he doesn't devour all the supers I have on hand before the shipment of roaches arrives later this week. Not going to hold my breath.

And, this is very tentative/unknown, but I might be taking in a "rescue" dragon from CT. There is a person who needs to rehome three dragons as they are off to college and hasn't had any luck placing them. On behalf of the rescue, I reached out and offered to foster one, and place the others with different rescuers, until we could find a suitable home. Glad I decided to clean Jabba's temporary tank tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment